SAVE THE DATE!
2015 National Immigration Law Conference: Innovation Nation: Reshaping Policy; Reimagining Practice
May 7-9, 2015
Details and Registration
More CBA Submissions
National Immigration Law Section Videos
The National Immigration Law Section developed a series of short videos to illustrate the complexity and potential risks that applicants may encounter when they engage the Canadian immigration system. These videos highlight the benefits of obtaining legal advice in advance of making an application and throughout the immigration process, and provide information about where and how to find qualified legal counsel.
To view the videos click here.
Preamble and Moderator
The primary objective of the National Immigration Law listserv is to facilitate the sharing of information and ideas to assist members in their practices. It is recognized that the practice of citizenship and immigration law can at times be political by nature. However, in order to encourage full participation by all members, participants share a responsibility to be respectful of the broad diversity of opinions, personal backgrounds and practice areas of our members. Where possible, postings should be concise and repetition avoided. Participants are expected to balance the relevance and importance of any posting with its potential impact on other members. The integrity and effectiveness of the listserv is dependent on the professionalism and collegiality of all members.
The moderator for the National Immigration Law Section listserv is the Section’s Immediate Past Chair. You can find contact information for the Past Chair on the Contacts page.
The moderator does not censor or pre-vet individual postings, but rather is a mediator for disputes, an advisor for members who have questions about the appropriate use of the listserv, and a conduit for complaints which require further action by the CBA Chief Executive Officer or Executive Officers. The moderator has no formal role in the complaint or appeal process but is available as a resource person for members and for the CBA.
Join the listserv
- National 2015 Immigration Law Conference
- May 2015 Ottawa, Ontario
- Wondering what our conferences are like? Watch our video.
- Missed a conference? See Citizenship and Immigration Section PD archive or purchase course materials through the CBA Store.
- Meetings with ESDC, CBSA, Federal Court, May 2015 (Ottawa, ON)
- Meeting with CICIP, May 2015 (Ottawa, ON)
- Executive Committee Meeting, May 2015 (Ottawa, ON)
This Section's primary objectives are to:
- maintain a dialogue with the Immigration and Refugee Board and to conduct continuing liaison with its senior officials;
- discuss existing legislation and proposed legislative changes;
- ensure that abuses in the enforcement and administration aspects of immigration are publicly voiced;
- conduct continuing legal education seminars; and
- enhance the professionalism of lawyers dealing in the area of immigration law.
Around the CBA...
CBA Professional Development
Fulfill your PD requirements while sharpening essential skills. Visit the PD website.
CBA Mid-Winter Meeting of Council
Feb. 21-23, 2014
Nationalmagazine.ca complements the print edition, offering thought-provoking videos, blogs and newsworthy legal stories. It’s searchable, easy to browse and interactive.
Visit CBA PracticeLink for practice-related articles and tips.
Canadian Bar Review
Access the current issue of The Canadian Bar Review
National Sections and Conferences
Access the National Sections and Conferences home pages.