The Canadian Bar Association
National Legal Practices and Compensation Survey for Law Firms and Corporate Counsel
compINSIGHT Legal® is designed to provide you with the competitive information you need to manage your compensation program. This survey, jointly sponsored by the CBA and CCCA has been a guidebook, for the last decade, in monitoring trends and practices in compensation of legal professionals. Attracting the right talent is never easy. Losing them to another organization can be devastating. To be sure your salary practices can compete in the marketplace, you need to participate.
Current, reliable salary information is your primary tool in effectively competing for and retaining top legal talent.
Survey data is competitive – and exclusive. Reports available ONLY to participants. As a survey subscriber you receive:
- Jointly sponsored by the Canadian Bar Association and the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association.
- Only national survey providing information from private law firms, corporate law departments and the public sector.
- Data published June 15th.
- Over 75 positions surveyed; Corporate Counsel, Partners, Associates and Paralegals reported by specialty, year of call, and job responsibility. Administrative positions reported by responsibility.
- Summary data (base salary and total compensation) sorted by geographic location, firm size/industry segment as well as quartiles and deciles.
- Legal practices; including billing rates, practices and hours, staffing plans, etc.
- Benefits Programs; including insured benefits, retirement benefits, perquisites, etc.
- General Human Resources Management practices; including expense accounts, training, hours of work, pro bono work, etc.
*NEW THIS YEAR!
- For Partner's Only!* A special section reporting data of interest to Partners, including firm business practices, partner earnings, structure of ownership, and other issues of concern to partners.
- Salary data for legal positions reported by area of specialty.*
Copyright © The Canadian Bar Association