This is Canada's Premier Competition Law Conference
Please join us at the CBA Competition Law Section’s 2007 Annual Fall Conference on Competition Law. Highlights of the conference include:
- a high-profile panel presenting a mock international cartel investigation and parallel multi-jurisdictional class action proceedings;
- a panel on recent changes to competition policy in the telecommunications industry;
- an in-depth discussion (in French with simultaneous translation) of the competition law issues raised by trade associations; and,
- a comparative look at the merger review process in Canada, the US and the EU.
You will be able to choose from a variety of information-packed sessions on such topics as:
- pricing and distribution;
- the Bureau’s latest enforcement practices and procedures;
- a critical look at the institutional framework under the Competition Act;
- developments in marketing and advertising;
- a five-year retrospective of private enforcement;
- key competition law economic concepts and tools;
- Investment Canada Act review; and,
- monopsony and predatory buying.
The conference also features an address from the Commissioner of Competition, Sheridan Scott, and the highly anticipated Year in Review session.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Who Should Attend?
Antitrust, competition, commercial, corporate, advertising and marketing, telecommunications and international trade lawyers in private practice, civil and criminal litigators, in-house counsel, economists, enforcement officials, academics and business persons with an interest in competition law and policy.
For information, please contact Carole Roussel at the CBA National Office, (613) 237-2925 / 1-800-267-8860 ext. 107, or by e-mail at email@example.com.