The B.C. Branch of the Canadian Bar Association is recognized by the Law Society of British Columbia as a provider of professional development activities. CBABC is committed to providing relevant and cost-effective ways to obtain your mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
THE 6TH ANNUAL CBABC BRANCH CONFERENCE
- Date: November 18-20, 2011 Speakers: A selection of quality speakers from Canada and US
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Details: Complete all 12 of your 2011 CPD credits, including the two hour required professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and practice management component. Last year’s event sold out – register early to avoid disappointment and to take advantage of early bird rates!
- Key Note Speaker Spotlight: This year’s Annual Branch Conference closing dinner speaker is Burkey Belser, president and creative director of Greenfield/Belser, an interactive brand design agency focused entirely on services marketing. Participants of the 2006 Las Vegas Conference and the 2007 San Francisco Conference will remember Mr. Belser as an entertaining speaker who provided valuable insights into advertising and promotion. Mr. Belser has won hundreds of awards in every major field of graphic design, and has been a judge for many of the most prestigious awards shows in the industry – the Communications Arts Design Annual, the WebAwards and the creativity Awards. In 2005, he was awarded the only Lifetime Achievement Award for the Legal Marketing Association (LMA). In 2008, he was inducted into LMA’s hall of Fame and the Art Directors club of Metropolitan Washington’s Hall of Fame. Be sure to attend Mr. Belser’s presentation during the dinner reception on Saturday, November 19, 2011.
- The Top Ten Causes of Claims Bumps, Potholes and Flats on the Road to an Accident-Free Practice
Susan Forbes, QC
and Margrett George, Lawyers Insurance Fund
- Date: October 13, 2011
November 0, 2011
November 23, 2011
- The CBABC presents: UNDERTAKINGS - AVOIDING THE PITFALLS
- Department of Justice in Partnership with the CBABC Professional Development:
The Honourable Chief Justice Robert Bauman, Supreme Court of B.C.; The Honourable Chief Judge Thomas Crabtree, Provincial Court of B.C.; Robert Brun, QC, Harris & Brun; plus more TBA
- Date: November 23, 2011
Don’t forget to visit our new one-stop PD resource site www.cba.org/pd/ to create a personalised account based on your PD needs! Go to www.cba.org/bc for updates on Professional Development seminars.
This article was published in the October 2011 issue of BarTalk. © 2011 The Canadian Bar Association. All rights reserved.