Board of Directors
In 2014, the CBA undertook the Re-Think initiative to ensure it remained relevant to its members and other lawyers in Canada. This exhaustive and consultative process led to the adoption of a new governance model. Elections are currently underway for the creation of the first new Board of Directors that reflects the diversity of the legal profession, including a mix of practice types, experience, skills, geography and more. Visit the elections page to find out how you can apply to join the 2017-2018 Board of Directors.
CURRENT Board of Directors
In consultation with staff, the Board of Directors handles the work of the CBA. Between meetings of Council, the Board has all the powers of Council except the power to pass bylaws.
The Board of Directors members are:
- President (Chair of the Board)
- First Vice President
- Second Vice President
- Immediate Past President (Chair of Council)
- Branch Presidents (13) (or Designate) (1)
- Chair of the National Sections Council (2)
- Chair of Forum Chairs (4)
- Chair of Equality Committee (3)
- Vice President of the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association (3)
- Chair of the Young Lawyers Forum (3)
- Chief Executive Officer (non-voting)
2e vice-présidente/2nd Vice-President
Kerri Carpenter Law Office
Karen L. Dyck, LL.B.
Canadian Bar Association / L'Association du Barreau canadien
Legal Services Board of Nunavut
Financial Planning Standards Council