CBA Young Lawyers International Program 2015-17
If you are aware of young lawyers who may be interested in applying for an international internship, please forward them the following link: http://www.cba.org/CBA/IDP/yiip/.
Join the SOGIC LinkedIn group
Join the conversation by becoming a member of SOGIC’s LinkedIn group. The group provides a forum to share and discuss news and learn about upcoming Conference events and member services. Once you join the group you can start discussions by posting cases or articles, and you can contribute to discussions started by others. We look forward to connecting with you on LinkedIn.
Click here to join! (open to SOGIC members only)
Trinity Western University School of Law Proposal
National Sections: Children’s Law Committee
National Sections recently established a Children’s Law Committee to coordinate activities, provide advice, and respond to law, policy, and legal research developments on matters affecting Canadian children. More information is available on the new Children’s Law Committee webpage.
Join the Children’s Law Committee listserv!
Interested CBA members are strongly encouraged to join the Children’s Law Committee listserv. This is an ideal way to stay informed of Committee activities and get directly involved. The listserv also provides a forum to network and exchange ideas with leading practitioners who share your interests.
Membership is free to CBA members.
Join the listserv (CBA membership number required)
More CBA Submissions
- Missed a conference? See the SOGIC PD archive or purchase course materials through the CBA Store.
- SOGIC Executive meeting, Spring 2016 (tbc)
View previous newsletters.
SOGIC was established as a new Conference of the Canadian Bar Association at the 1997 Mid-Winter Meeting. Its purposes are to:
- address the needs and concerns of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and two-spirited members within the Association
- provide a forum for the exchange of information, ideas and action on legal issues relating to sexual orientation and gender identity
- encourage lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and two-spirited lawyers to actively participate in the work of the Association
- develop and provide continuing legal education and other professional development programs on legal issues relating to sexual orientation and gender identity
- develop member services relevant to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and two-spirited members of the Association
SOGIC is a founding member of the International Lesbian and Gay Law Association and has established contacts with lesbian and gay law groups in the United States, the United Kingdom and Israel, among others. SOGIC members frequently attend the National Lesbian and Gay Law Association's "Lavender Law" conferences. The NLGLA is affiliated with the American Bar Association.
For more information on SOGIC, contact Jennifer McKenzie at the CBA National Office (email@example.com).
Around the CBA...
CBA Professional Development
Fulfill your PD requirements while sharpening essential skills. Visit the PD website.
Nationalmagazine.ca complements the print edition, offering thought-provoking videos, blogs and newsworthy legal stories. It’s searchable, easy to browse and interactive.
Visit CBA PracticeLink for practice-related articles and tips.
Canadian Bar Review
Access the current issue of The Canadian Bar Review
National Sections and Conferences
Access the National Sections and Conferences home pages.