CBA Young Lawyers International Program 2015-17
If you are aware of young lawyers who may be interested in applying for an international internship, please forward them the following link: http://www.cba.org/CBA/IDP/yiip/.
Frédéric Pérodeau of Montreal named CCCA Chair
Frédéric Pérodeau, senior director, investigations, at the Autorité des marchés financiers, the body mandated by the government of Québec to regulate the province’s financial markets and provide assistance to consumers of financial products and services, has been named Chair of the CCCA.
Read on for details
Complete your continuing professional development (CPD) requirements!
Below, you will find a list of recorded webinars that are recognized by the Barreau du Québec.
(The below programs are only available in French.)
- Revue annuelle de jurisprudence en droit administratif (2013-2014) – available until June 27, 2016
- Revue annuelle de la jurisprudence de la Cour suprême du Canada en matière de droit constitutionnel - available until May 28, 2016
- Gestion d’un long procès : Conseils judicieux et pratiques - available until October 1, 2016
- Les pièges qui guèttent le conseiller juridique d’entreprise en matière de conflits d’intérêts et de devoir de loyauté (et comment les éviter !)
- Les interactions entre le conseiller juridique et le conseil d’administration : aspect juridiques, opérationnels et politiques - available until November 22, 2015
- Un débat reporté ? La restructuration Yellow Média et l’arrangement contesté de la dette bancaire en vertu de la Loi canadienne sur les sociétés par actions - available until January 27, 2016
- L’efficacité des clauses de renonciation aux recours collectifs en faveur de l’arbitrage aux États-Unis et au Canada - available until May 28, 2016
- Comment effectuer des recherches préliminaires de brevets en ligne pour vos vérifications diligentes - available until February 17, 2017
- Quelles sont les implications d’appuyer sur « Envoyer »? La Loi anti-pourriel du Canada entre en vigueur le 1er juillet 2014 / What it means to hit Send: Canada's Anti-Spam Law to Take Effect on July 1, 2014
- Décisions marquantes à travers le Canada en droit du travail en 2013 - available until March 25, 2016
*Note: Programs offered by the CBA Quebec Branch have been accredited in Quebec only. For members in other jurisdictions, please consult your law society to ensure that this program fits within your law society’s CPD guidelines.
“Will Alberta return to the fold of official bilingualism after 150 years?”
Read the open letter on the R. v. Caron SCC case, written by Antoine Leduc – President of the Canadian Bar Association - Quebec Branch
(This letter was also published on March 10, 2015 in the Montreal Gazette.)
The purpose of the Forum is:
- to make the Association, its Branches and its members aware of the practice of common law in French, identifying and making members aware of relevant tools and resources;
- to work with National and Branch Sections, Forums and Standing Committees to promote the organization of meetings, continuing legal education and other programs in French;
- to organize common law programs and programming in French at meetings of the Association;
- to work with other organizations interested in common law in French;
- to examine the evolution of linguistic rights in Canada;
- to promote linguistic equality within the legal profession and the Association; and
- to publish a regular bulletin to inform those using the French language in the Canadian legal milieu. (03-07-M)
Around the CBA...
CBA Professional Development
Fulfill your PD requirements while sharpening essential skills. Visit the PD website.
Nationalmagazine.ca complements the print edition, offering thought-provoking videos, blogs and newsworthy legal stories. It’s searchable, easy to browse and interactive.
Visit CBA PracticeLink for practice-related articles and tips.
Canadian Bar Review
Access the current issue of The Canadian Bar Review
National Sections and Conferences
Access the National Sections and Conferences home pages.