The B.C. Branch of the Canadian Bar Association is recognized by the Law Society of British Columbia as a provider of professional development activities. CBABC is committed to providing relevant and cost-effective ways to obtain your mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
THE 6TH ANNUAL CBABC BRANCH CONFERENCE
- Date: November 18-20, 2011 Speakers: Variety of B.C. and US speakers
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Details: Complete all 12 of your 2011 CPD credits, including the two hour required professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and practice management component. Don’t miss out! Last year’s popular CBABC Annual Branch Conference in Scottsdale sold out quickly. Mark your calendars and register early to avoid disappointment!
Attendance at all seminars listed below will provide you with 100 per cent of the required two hour professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and practice management component for 2011 Law Society of B.C. reporting.
- The CBABC presents: THE TOP TEN CAUSES OF CLAIMS: BUMPS, POTHOLES AND FLATS ON THE ROAD TO AN ACCIDENT-FREE PRACTICE
- Speakers: Susan Forbes, QC and Margrett George of Lawyers Insurance Fund
- Date: June 15, 2011
- Time: Registration/Breakfast: 8:30 a.m., Seminar: 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Location: Law Courts Inn – 4th Floor, 800 Smithe Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2E1
- The CBABC presents: E-FILING AND FAMILY RULES
- Speakers: Thomas Broeren, Gordium Associates (Canada) Inc., Vanessa J. D. Van Sickle, and Janet Clark, Hittrich Lessing Kovacs
- Date: June 17, 2011
- Time: Registration/Light Lunch: 11:30 a.m., Seminar: 12 noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver – 645 Howe Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6C 2Y9
- The CBABC presents: Full Day Seminar: ADVANCED CLIENT RELATIONS SKILLS FOR ATTORNEYS (6 CPD HOURS)
- Speaker: Cal Sutcliff, President, Cal Sutliff Associates
- Date: July 8, 2011
- Time: Registration 8:30 a.m., Course: 9:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- Location: Westin Bayshore – Cypress Room, 1601 Bayshore Dr. Vancouver, B.C. V6G 2V4
Don’t forget to visit our new one-stop PD resource site www.cba.org/pd/ to create a personalised account based on your PD needs! Go to www.cba.org/bc for updates on Professional Development seminars.
This article was published in the June 2011 issue of BarTalk. © 2011 The Canadian Bar Association. All rights reserved.